Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today is a sad day


Friends and family,
Today we mourn the loss of an old friend. After 46 years,8 months, and 19 days the much heralded youth of Scott has come to an end. Last evening out in front of the house I had that moment of realization that yes, I am old. To solve the issue of who would attend "The Lion King" Broadway show early next month with Kelly, I suggested we should have a "foot race". So Devan and I took to the line. Now as many of you know, I possessed considerable prowess in this area, so it has always been my "ace in the hole" so to speak. Now I really didn't think I would win, but figured it would be fun and we could laugh about it afterwards. I really didn't plan on having a complete blow out either!! Now my injury is not that bad but I am sure it will take a while to heal and then no more "foot races" Well...


At least not until I get healed up!!!!

2 comments:

dmmannin said...

Yep....probably shouldn't be racing 50 yds. without proper stretching...or at all...

Miss Vicki said...

So,....dear one, did you hurt more than your pride? Do we need adjoining surgical-wing beds in the orthopedic hospital? Or, are we just moaning about our advancing age? and lack of fitness? I for one, am physically phitttttttt. And right now, headed for the heat pad and bed and maybe a pain pill for the after effects of PT session. ugh. When.will.this.end?!?!?!?
I send you hugs.
-v