Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The fun begins


At the behest of some recruiter, Devan applied to Arizona State University last week, and as we suspected she was accepted!!! Even though she has absolutely no desire to attend this fine institution of higher learning, I think it is really cool. As time rolls on, I'm sure there will be many more offers, it will be just a matter of which one she chooses. I think she is still leaning toward NYU, but with the state of the economy the way it is, staying in state and getting a full ride is most likely the wiser choice. We are going down to Tucson next month for a tour and orientation to see how she likes the U of A . In the mean time school is going well, (except for a bad case of senior-itis) and we are all looking forward to the first orchestra concert!!!

3 comments:

Didi (Dioncia) Von Bargen-Miles said...

well done sister! :) A scholarship is a beautiful thing.....I REALLY regret throwing mine away....wanted to party and make money at J-O-B... not realizing that once you get stuck in the work world- getting back out to finish up becomes increasingly more unlikely.... Good luck- I know you'll make great choices!
-cousin Di

Deana said...

How proud you must be, all of you. Devan, you are a great young lady and I hope you don't forget to have some fun this year.... Oregon State is a nice school, and then in a few years Cody can join you there and play Football.... GO BEAVS. That might get Kelly back to Oregon.

traidy said...

Devan, I knew that you were SPECIAL the first day I met you in (5th grade @ Augusta Ranch Elementary). How BLESSED you are to have so many choices. I'll pray that you make the right one. PLEASE enjoy your senior year!!
Lots of Love,
<3 Mrs. Raidy